Friday, February 17, 2012

Eva's Biggest Loser Year: Week 6


     
Life is such a roller coaster sometimes.  You are going along getting in your workout, recording your food, anticipating weight loss and then suddenly, zoom.... the bottom falls out.  Now you are having kidney stone surgery and interviewing for jobs and life just gets crazy busy with things interferring with your workouts and eating plans.  Last week I gave myself immunity, so that is why you won't see a weekly report for week 5.

As for Week 6 it was Valentines week and I feel that over all I did pretty well.  I didn't lose any more, but at leat I maintained.  I also used greater self-control at the two dinners out and a candy filled kid's party!  I was very pleased with that.  Doing what is good for the long term success, instead of immediate satisfaction, is my definition of self-control.  I thank God for helping me to keep my head and do what I need to do instead of what I want.  The one area this past week where I didn't keep my goal was in exercise.  I was very unmotivated when I had time, which wasn't very often. 

But we enjoyed visits with Mamaw in Culpeper (and all the Atkins crew) and a visit with the Lillydell Short crew!  Those were time well spent and I don't regret them. 

On Thursdays I have been going to the healthy eating/cooking class and we weigh in there as well, so I think I will postpone these updates until Friday from now on.  This way I will only be weighing in once a week.  Ironically our class last night was actually about exercise.  The instructors wanted to take a night to focus on this side of healthy living.  We all felt really motivated and challenged to try some of the exercises and equipment they demonstrated.

So for our first day of the new week, Rose and I added strength training with weights.  We want to eventually get the stretch bands, but this was already handy at home so we used it.  I am so proud of Rose.  She is really doing great!  Since neither of us lost last week, we are both looking forward to a loss for next week.   Today, I tried to walk my first mile in 15 minutes.  I don't have a stop watch but it looked like it was a bit over 15 but less than 16 min.  I was very pleased.  I was even able to jog part of the mile, and my foot didn't hurt!  WooHoo!  That feels so good.  I can't tell you how thankful I am for two good feet and knees and legs!  I really liked lapping all those walkers that used to lap me as I was recovering from the broken ankle! LOL

So this coming week's goals are
  • drink 80 oz of water each day
  • record food daily to stay within nutrition goals
  • walk/run 1 15min. mile; bike 5 mi.; and walk 2 mi in 25 min.or less
  • go to bed at no later than 11:30PM and get up at 6:30AM

Thanks dear family and friends who have been keeping me in your prayers.  There is a reason this is my biggest loser YEAR.  It is going to take that long at least and I appreciate those who are there to encourage me for the long haul! :)

I have some success stories that the people want to remain anonymous, but congrats to two of my dearest friends who have lost 10 pounds in the last two to three weeks.  Keep going ladies!  I love you!

To my B.L. partners - time to let me know how you did this week, ladies! I have been praying for you!

With All My Heart~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts! Comments make me smile.