Thursday, January 26, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!

From the time I can remember, I have wanted to be a mom.  I attribute this to the fact that I have a great one!  I wish I could go back in time and see all the things she did for me.  I know I would see lots of love and sacrifice.  I wish I could see her giving me baths and reading to me.  Or hear her telling me no or encouraging me to try harder.  I wish I could see her pray for me and check on me after I was alseep.  They say if you have had a happy childhood you don't remember it as well.  I will have to accept that as why I can't remember more of the special things Mom did for me. 

I am thankful for the mother she has been to me since my youth and adulthood.  She has been so helpful; such a source of guidance and encouragement.  I thank God for each memory we make now and the many ways I have for recording them. 

Maybe in Heaven, when we know all things, I will be able to remember everything from my childhood.  I like to think that.  But even if I don't, I am so thankful to know that we will be together forever. 

Until then, Mom, I am storing up these times in my computer and my memory.  I love you Mommy!  Happy Birthday!  Praying your day and coming year are filled with God's peace and joy!

With All My Heart~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts! Comments make me smile.