Saturday, December 22, 2012

Family Christmas Party 2012

A Christmas Forest

I am not a very crafty person.  Nor do I enjoy baking for looks. However, when I saw something similar to these at public school one day before Christmas I thought we might give them a try.  The teacher at school used a waffle cone turned upside down on which the students had spread a thin layer of green icing.  Then they had sprinkled coconut shavings on their trees. I knew my girls would enjoy this except only one can stand coconut.  So I decided to pick up some M&Ms to use for decoration and Memaw Rose knew that a sprinkle of confectioner's sugar would be the finishing touch for our forest.  


Here is an aerial view of the trees.  I forgot to tell Alpheus to buy the waffle cones that were flat on the round edge and he bought the ones that have one high side to the cone.  Rose had to cut them down to sit.  You can see that Hannah chose to have one leaning tree.  The girls each decorated two trees.


The girls used quite a bit of icing and lots of candy too.  I love how some trees have a pattern and some are just randomly thrown together.  It was easy and pretty.  We used them for decoration at our family Christmas gathering the next day, and then the girls ate them. :)

Speaking of family gathering, we had a wonderful time at the Short Christmas Party for 2012.  We just hope to get all the family there for the next one! 
My wonderful parents!
Bruce and his son, Ben.  I missed getting Leah (wife and mom) in the picture, but she was there!


My sweet girls who enjoyed decorating before we started!

My brother Monte and his wife, Sharon.  Bryce, Monte's youngest son was there, but we missed having Aaron, his oldest and Kyle, Sharon's son.
So glad to have Uncle Harry (mom's brother) and Aunt Lisa with us!  It would have been so nice to have all my aunts and uncles there, but alas, only one lives close enough.  

Here is everyone that made it except for my sister, Lorilyn, who is taking the picture. :)

P.S. Did you see the trees? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts! Comments make me smile.