Sunday, May 19, 2013

Father's Day Challenge: Week One Report


Week #1 Goals
  • 64 oz of water
  • 8oz of Dt. Dr. Pepper per day (or less)
  • 2 hours of excercise (taking it pretty easy at first and building up to harder exercises; not necessarily all at one time either.)
  • No more than 1,200 calories per day
  • No corn products
  • Fruit and veggie snacks only

Day 1:  All goals met!

Day 2:  I worked and had band practice today so I had limited time.  I did stand all day at the school where I worked so I hope that makes up for only doing the bike for 7 miles which took me a half hour.  Everything else I met!

Day 3:  A bit frustrated with myself for not making the time to work out like I wanted. Going to try to do an extra hour tomorrow.  Still keeping the other goals.

Day 4:  I was proud of myself at my favorite restaurant, Macados.  I ordered a vegetable laden quesadilla (of which I only ate a quarter) and boneless buffalo wings.  Later Alpheus wanted to order pizza for our family movie night.  To be kind he ordered my least favorite brand.  I did have one piece of chicken pizza because it smelled so good, but I didn't eat the crust. I can't download my food to get a calorie count because Sparkpeople is down, but I think I stayed pretty close to my limit.  I was tickled to get the full two hours  in at the gym.  I was too tired to do more, but I work tomorrow at school so I plan to do a lot of aisle walking. :)  

Day 5:  Only half my water for the day and not any exercise.  I was in the most mentally and physically challenging class ever and decided to go for rest instead since the band had to play at 6:00.  

Day 6:  Spending the day with my sick girls.  Too much soda and not enough water. Cleaned house for a couple of hours will have to count as exercise today.

Day 7:  Official weigh-in day and I have lost 8 pounds.  Feeling very glad, but also very determined to do better this coming week at drinking my water and getting in my exercise!  Still have four coughing girls. :(

For those moments of victory this week over my flesh I give all praise to God!  

With All My Heart~

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! Not easy, especially with the sick girls. I was looking at being 164, but a McD's splurge night sent me 0.4 in the other direction! No more of that until Father's Day...hoping for 160 by then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay strong Brother! :) Thanks for the note.

      Delete

Please add your thoughts! Comments make me smile.