Monday, May 13, 2013

Father's Day Challenge

One of the best gifts I can give my father and my husband is to be happy and healthy.  They are the two men who love me the most and unconditionally.  I love them too. 

The happy part is pretty much covered.  I have wonderful family, friends, a loving church family, jobs I enjoy doing, plenty of all creature comforts, and so much more.  The only thing I am not happy about is my weight.  I don't need to look like a super model.  I know my husband desires me no matter what and my girls love me despite the extra weight.  I just want to be healthier for them.  As the years pass by I feel the burden of the extra weight more.  I don't like it at all.  Seriously, climbing the tallest light house in North America (I will post about the rest of vacation soon.) was a real eye opener to how out of shape I really am.  It was definitely the motivation I needed to get myself serious about losing weight and keeping it off.

You see I have climbed this mountain before.  Unfortunately I keep slipping back down to the bottom before I know it and having to start again.  It is pretty miserable knowing that I will have a harder climb than when I was younger, but it is the truth I have to deal with.  It is not ever going to get any easier.  I seriously doubt I will ever get to the maintaining phase.  I am pretty sure I will constantly be fighting just to stay at the top, but I am realizing it is a fight I must face every day from now on.

So I decided that from Mother's Day until Father's Day I will challenge myself to eat healthy and exercise.  My goal is to lose 25 pounds in those 35 days.  I know it seems like a lot, but it works out to 5 pounds a week. 

I will again be posting my goals for accountability and record keeping.

Daily Goals:  

  • 64 oz of water
  • 8oz of Dt. Dr. Pepper per day (or less)
  • 2 hours of excercise (taking it pretty easy at first and building up to harder exercises; not necessarily all at one time either.)
  • No more than 1,200 calories per day
  • No corn products
  • Fruit and veggie snacks only
Day 1 -  All goals were met! :)

This was lunch before we climbed the Cape Hatteras light house.  I think it makes a pretty good starting point picture. :)

Please dear friends, pray for me.  I know I have asked before.  Thank you for still caring!

With All My Heart~

2 comments:

  1. Susan M here, Eva. I'll be praying for you. I started 17 days ago to walk in the mornings. Started at 1/2 mile, now up to 1 1/2 miles. Also doing 15 sit-ups daily. That's it. Starting with small goals and working toward larger. Just writing this as encouragement to you. You can do it! And you'll FEEL better. For me, gone are headaches, fogginess, sleeplessness, various body aches, etc. I'm feeling more confident and healthy. You are going to feel SO MUCH BETTER taking care of the temple God's given you! I'm excited and thrilled for you. I think for most of us, smaller or larger, maintaining good health and "fitness" is a constant battle. Like dusting and vaccuuming, it's just not what calls my name first thing in the morning, but walking is good prayer time, I've found too. Praying for God's blessing your goals and rewarding you beyond expectation!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts! Comments make me smile.