Monday, December 14, 2009

Nine Is So Fine!


Yesterday was our second beautiful girl's birthday! Sarah wasn't due until the 28th of December but since Hannah was rather large for me the doctors decided I better go a bit early. She was going to be induced on the 19th, but a huge snowstorm was being predicted. I was already nearly four centimeters when I went in for my last checkup on the 13th. My nurse midwife asked if I had been having contractions. I had early that morning but they had stopped. She told me to work some up because she was sending me to the hospital to be induced that day. She didn't want me 30 minutes from the hospital in a snowstorm. We were so unprepared (both bags were still at home in the nursery), but we were very excited too! My worst fear is that they would make me go home becuase I wasn't contracting at that time. We told the nurse that we had been sent by Sharon, that I was nearly four centimeters and that I had been having contractions that morning so she led us back to an empty room. She was asking questions about due dates and scheduled induction dates and just as they were putting the monitor around my belly she asked exactly what time was my last contraction. I hestitated not wanting to lie, but hating to admit that it had been three hourse since the last one. Suddenly she interrupted my confession by saying, "Oh I see you are having one now." I was never so happy to be having a contraction! :) Sarah's birth was much like Hannah's except I only pushed for about an hour before we were able to use the vacuum to help me finish. We didn't know if Sarah was a boy or a girl. Of course we were hoping for a boy since we had a girl, but God knew what we needed. We were both so thrilled when the doctor said, 'She's another beautiful girl!" Sarah was 7 lbs. 7 oz and 20 3/4". We had a much easier time since I knew more about what I was doing. However she developed jaundice as Hannah had but worse. She had to be hospitalized at just 7 days old. Thankfully it was only for two days and then she was on the road to recovery! Hannah was thrilled with the new baby sister we brought home to her and we were so thankful for our precious girls!

Sarah is generally the quiet one. Ready to comfort and encourage her sisters most of the time! Her name means Princess and she loves to be our princess.

But she isn't afraid of working or getting a little dirty either!



Her favorite toys are dolls and stuffed animals. She also loves to help take care of her younger sisters! I see her as a great babysitter one day!





Our Sweet Sarah


This was in Florida when she was 5 or so. She still loves basketball!



Here is the only picture I have of her so young on computer. She is being held by her cousin Eric who had come with his mom to visit Mary when she was born. Sarah is 2 here.


We love you Sarah Noel!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts! Comments make me smile.